Convocatory Postdoctoral position in MAUCO cohort
- January 31, 2023
- Publicado por: ACCDIS
- Category: Events and Calls
Postdoc to be part of the MAUCO research team for 1 or 2 years, when she/he will visit the community and participate in all relevant activities in the research line she/he selected including the Advanced Center for Chronic Diseases (ACCDiS ) academic and extension activities. She/he will be working with a MAUCO PI in collaboration with an ACCDiS PI from another discipline, to be defined according to the research project defined by the Postdoc and the MAUCO PI.
Funding: ACCDiS-MAUCO Competitive Funds for postdoctoral training includes a gross monthly salary of US$ 1,655 to cover living expenses and health insurance; additionally, we cover attendance to conferences to present their findings and cover some research-related expenses.
Training opportunities: attend courses, seminars, and workshops in ACCDiS or the associated universities (UC, UChile, UCM, U. Talca, UFRO).
Profile of the candidate: Must have a Ph.D., expertise in statistics, and scientific writing skills. Basic Spanish will be helpful.
Expected results: One manuscript and research proposal during her/his fellowship.
- Mental Health. Social and biomedical determinants of cognitive aging, cognitive disorders in the context of chronic diseases. Cognitive disorders after COVID-19. Health effects of early adverse events. Depression. CLINICAL ROTATIONS. PI: Pablo Toro MD, Dr. med (U. Heidelberg). Psychiatrist, a specialist in geriatric psychiatry, cognitive disorders, and aging. Associate Professor, Director of Mental Health Department at UC.
- Environmental Health. Pesticides, air pollution, metabolomic chronic diseases. Climate change and Health. Geographic analyses, Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology. PI: Sandra Cortés, VD, MSc in Biological Science, Ph.D. in Public Health (University of Chile). Responsible for Environmental and Occupational Exposures in MAUCO. Associate Professor at PUC, Santiago, Chile.
- Cardiovascular Health. Metabolic health, healthy obesity, NAFLD, lifestyle, and health. PI: Laura A Huidobro. MD, MSc in Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases, Ph.D. in Public Health and Epidemiology (LSHTM, London). Regional Coordinator of MAUCO. Professor at UCM, Maule, Chile. UCM offers lodging and additional stipends.
- Cancer causes and prevention. Arsenic-related cancers (Northern Chile); high biliary tract cancers (Southern Chile); lifestyle Intervention trial in nutrition and exercise for cancer prevention, MAUCO cohort (Central Chile). Teaching opportunities in Epi Master and Ph.D. programs. PI: Catterina Ferreccio. MD, MPH, MSc Epi, Professor of Public Health. MAUCO Director; ACCDiS Deputy Director. Director of Ph.D. Epidemiology Program at UC.
Your application: Please send a motivation letter with a statement of research interest, a detailed CV and two recommendation letters to Macarena Garrido (email@example.com) and Claudia Marco (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|1. Application opening: 30 January 2023||4. Results: 24 March 2023|
|2. Application deadline: 3 March 2023||5. Program start date: 2 May 2023|
|3. Pre-selection interview: 13 to 17 March 2023|